Saturday, July 6, 2013

Gym Diary for July 4th, 2013.

   
I don't know how, but suddenly many of my lists on my iPhone "notes" disappeared!  Several days of my gym diary were among the lists, so I can't post work out details here.  But, I can write about some of the equipment I've used.




     I do like the feel of using my back to push back on that black pad of this "lower back machine."  I'm not sure what doing that "really is accomplishing," but I like to think that it's strengthening my, um, lower back.  So far, I've used it as a warm up at the beginning of some workouts.


     I can feel resistance in my abs as I crunch my body forward on the abs machine pictured above.  Pictured below is an "abs coaster" machine.  I place my knees on the black pad at the bottoms and my elbows on the black pads at the top.  Then, I use my abs to crunch my knees forward straight or angles to the left or right.  I can add up to 40 pounds of weight plates to the machine for added resistance.


     See that strap in the picture below?  I can use one for arm.  I place my arms inside them and suspend myself off the ground while I do leg raises.  So far, I can do only about eight leg raises at a time.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment